The Tree of Life
Key Scriptures: Psalm 1
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law, day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither—whatever they do prospers. Not so the wicked! They are like chaff that the wind blows away. Therefore, the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.
• What is the purpose of the book of Psalms?
• What are the main ideas or themes of the book?
• What comparisons are being made in this chapter?
• Who are the main characters?
• What are the main characters like?
• How are trees used to demonstrate a person of health and faith?
• What type of tree are you?
• What type of fruit does your life bear out?
• Where are the roots of your life buried?
• Maybe we need to re-imagine what good fruit and healthy are.
• Is the picture of the world you see around you?
• In what was, is Jesus the true tree by streams of living water?
• What type of fruit and health did he demonstrate?